Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Teacher


I'm a substitute teacher rest of the week. I have to say I love it. I'm learning to be comfortable in the classroom, finding my voice and my style of teaching. Being a teacher is far from easy. A teacher's life is similar to the life of a professional fighter. One bad fight, and that's the end of your career. But if you're smart and patient, you'll learn the tricks. The classroom is a hard but exciting place. You'll never know what kind of effect you've have on the hundreds of children you teach. Teaching has it's ups and downs. Sometimes the sun is shining and you feel so confident in yourself and the next day you just want to punch everything moving. Sure the pay isn't something to brag about but I can honestly say that I learn something new almost everyday, and I grow alongside with these children. I have a influence in their lives one way or the other, for better and worse. I'll make mistakes, but I'll learn from them as well. What I'm trying to say is Find what you love and do it! I know I found something I love to do.

So what's behind all my philosophical words? I've just read a book that made me think about all this. The book is called Teacher Man written by Frank McCourt. I really advice everybody to read it. I especially love these lines from the book ; " There's nothing more dangerous than letting old men sit in the sun. They might be thinking. And it's the same with kids. Keep them busy or they might start thinking.

Ps: Don't mind the picture, but sometimes I feel like banging my head against the blackboard of frustration ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment